Below is a list of frequently asked questions about ChatStat. If you do not see your question addressed, feel free to click the Live Chat link above to talk to one of our representatives!
What is ChatStat?ChatStat is a customer engagement system for web site owners to add live chat and statistical tracking services to their web site(s) for the purpose of performing sales and support chats and monitoring traffic trends over time.
How much does it cost?ChatStat is only $20 per month for each operator providing both pro active and passive live chat. What this means is that you may proactively start a conversation with a visitor on your website, or they may start a conversation with you. We also have many more advanced features that can be enabled on-the-fly for low monthly costs. Examples of these "Features on Demand" include language translation, multiple website support, and remote screen sharing.
Can I use this for international websites? What about Language support?ChatStat is devoted to the continual research and development of language translation services for both business and personal use. At this point you can currently edit every single text and graphical element that a web visitor views. This means that if you wish to change the language, you can upload applicable graphics and directly edit the text displayed, replacing it with a language and verbiage of your choice.
What makes ChatStat any different or any better than all the others?Some of the other things that make ChatStat completely unique are:
- It's sleek small footprint instant messenger design.
- Complete integration with Skype, to provide voice over IP call back.
- It's unique ability to translate languages on the fly within a real time live chat environment.
- Innovative MovingGraph graphing analytics display technology, so that you may see your website site statistics graphs in motion for the first time.
- the ability support multiple sites simultaneously and an im format,
- It's extremely detailed and powerful text, image, icon, flash, and pop editor systems.
- Its ability to place live chat links both in web pages, forums, email signatures, auctions, or even whether the program itself.
- Our inline flash chat allows visitors to our site type directly onto the web page into a small box where also your operators can write back in reply, all without ever leaving the web page. No more "click here to chat" buttons, just "click and type".
How do I create an Account?To begin using ChatStat, you'll need an account. First download and install ChatStat, then simply fill out a quick form during your ChatStat installation. If you already have a ChatStat account, and are just reinstalling the application, click on the button during account creation that says, "I already have an account."
How do I add ChatStat to my website?After creating an account with ChatStat, will be automatically taken to a setup screen where you will be given your "HTML snippet". You will also find instructions on how to add the snippet to your site. Basically you just place the HTML snippet within the HTML code of your site. Wherever you place the HTML snippet, is where the live chat icon will appear. Once the HTML snippet is placed on your site, people visiting your site will show up in the ChatStat main executable desktop program as IP addresses. You can then double click on an IP address start a conversation with a visitor, or wait for them to start a conversation with you.
I can't remember my user name, what should I do?Your username is the email address you signed up with. If you do not remember the email address you signed up with, please Live Chat with one of our Customer Support representatives and we will do what we can to help you.
I can't remember my username and/or password, what should I do?If you launch ChatStat, and you do not remember your username or password, click on the appropriate link that will mail you the information that you need.
How does ChatStat compare to LivePerson and other live chat engines?Click here for a detailed comparison.
Can I view all the visitors on my site using ChatStat?Yes, it is an included part of the ChatStat software.
Can operators initiate chats with visitors using ChatStat?Yes, it is an included part of the ChatStat software.
How may the chat buttons be customized?By using the ICON EDITOR Feature on Demand, ChatStat allows the chat buttons to be customized by either selecting from a gallery of choices or by uploading your images. You may also opt to do away with a chat button altogether and consider our INLINE FLASH CHAT as an alternative.
How do I customize the popup chat window?In the Features On Demand section, enable the "Logo & Popup Control" feature. This feature will allow you to customize the look of the proactive live chat popup and change the header logo displayed in the chat window. You can also change all text, replacing it with any text that you like. You may even choose to replace the text with that of a another language.
How do I setup an email address to receive emails from visitors when no operators are available?ChatStat incorporates a complete offline messaging system. The person leaves a message for anyone, your department, where you specifically, the ChatStat System will deliver the message both via Email and also by placing a message with in the call center.
How do I setup multiple operators?Multiple operators can be specified by using the Operator Manager which you can access by following these steps: Click the Features on Demand menu, and then go to the OPERATOR MANAGER. From here you can add, edit, or delete operators as you wish. You can also give operators access privileges, set whether they should see a administrative and graphing data, and place users in different departments or in different websites in any configuration.
How do I change the name shown next to the messages that I send as an operator?The operator name can be changed by following these steps: click on the features on demand menu, and then go to the operator manager. Click the configure button next to the operator manager. Choose the operators name you wish to change. Select the edit tab and change the operator display name.
How do I setup multiple web sites?Multiple websites can be set up by opening the Features on Demand menu, and clicking on "Website Manager". You may add up to five web sites to monitor simultaneously.
How do I setup my firewall, proxy, or NAT router to use the operator client?ChatStat's default corporate connection uses port 80. Make sure your firewall is configured to allow traffic in and out on port 80 to use this connection. ChatStat's secondary "Small Business/Home Office" connection uses ports 5222, 15177, and 15178. Please ensure that the appropriate ports are properly adjusted in your firewall prior to launching ChatStat.
How do I add the chat button to my email signature?In Microsoft Outlook, you can add a chat button to your email signature by...
- Click the Preferences and Settings menu, then click on the HTML MANAGEMENT tab..
- Select the proper website in the dropdown and select "EMAIL SIGNATURE" in the HTML Snippet Type dropdown.
- Copy the HTML shown in the Chat Button HTML text box
- In Outlook, click on Tools menu, click Options, and click the Mail Format tab
- Select HTML for the "Compose message in format" list
- Click on the Signatures button
- Click on New and enter your signature information
- Click on Advanced Edit within the signature dialog form
- Paste the chat button HTML into the desired location within the HTML signature
- Save the signature
Does ChatStat require any server-side installation?No! All server-side software is run on our dedicated servers so no installation or configuration changes will be necessary on your web servers.
How do I fix my chat invitation if it pops under an animated part of my website?To fix the conflict with Flash and live chat invite, just add the following code to the Flash object.
- Locate the flash <object> tags.
- Add a new <param name="wmode" value="transparent"> tag between the <object> tags.
- If there already is a <param name="wmode"> tag, just change the value to value="transparent".
- Locate the <embed> tag between the <object> tags.
- Add a new parameter in the <embed> tag: wmode="transparent"
- If there already is a wmode parameter in the <embed> tag, just change the value to "transparent"