(HOW-TO) Setup A Site With Multiple Departments
To setup your website with multiple departments, you must have the feature activated. Go to the Feature on Demand panel and select Department Manager:
Once the Department Manager feature opens, you should automatically go to the Department Manager. To create a department, click on Create New Department on the left side of the Features menu. A window wizard should appear:
A wizard will make your new Department Manager, prompting you for several pieces of info:
- Select Website to Create This Department In - Select the website to which you want to add a department. If you have Multiple Website Support enabled, you will be able to create deparments for other websites as well.
- Department Name - Add the title of your department name (i.e, Support, Sales, etc.).
- Department Email - The email address is of the person in charge of the department. Emails will also be sent every time a callback request is made.
- Department Info - Department information goes here (i.e, Sales - Able to assist you with any sales-related questions and even some technical ones.)
- Hide - Choosing this option will hide your department to the public.
After you have inserted the information you want, click finish and your department should now show on the Department Manager as well on the front of your ChatStat and Collection Window when visitors create a new chat. After you have added your department, you can add more departments using the same steps as above. The departments will automatically show after you create them.