(HOW-TO) Set-up Your Account With Mutliple Sites
To set-up your account with Multiple Sites, you must have the Multiple Website Support Feature enabled. You can check this by going into your Feature on Demand menu and clicking on the top panel of the ChatStat program:
Then you will arrive at the Feature on Demand Panel. Select Multiple Website Support:
Once you are in the Multiple Website Support Feature configuration panel, you should automatically go to the Manage Website Section of this feature if you have the feature already activated. If not, you will be asked to activate the feature. Once you are in the Manage Website Section, click on the Create New Website to add another website to your account:
When you enter this screen, it will offer you several choices:
- Collect User Info Prior to Chat - Choosing this option will enable the default collection window (visitor name, email, question and department drop down) will be shown.
- Skip User Info Collection Prior to Chat - Choosing this option will disable the default collection window and skip straight to chat.
- Domain Name - Insert the domain name you want to add to your ChatStat account.
Once you have chosen a Usage Mode and added a domain name, you will be able to see your domain(s) under the Manage Websites in the Multiple Website Support Feature:
In the Manage Website Section, you will come across such options as:
- Primary Site - Checking this option next to a site will make it your primary site.
- Website - Shows the website for which you are editing options.
- Skip Collection Window - Checking this option will disable the Info Collection Window (window which asks for visitor name, email, question, etc.) your customers see upon clicking live chat.
- Force Department - Checking this option will force your customers to pick a department.
- Require Captcha - Get a lot of spam? You shouldn't with ChatStat. But, if you want to be secure, you can enable Captcha on the collection window before the chat is made.